Wednesday 11 August 2010

How to Get a Divorce

While each person's situation is unique, there are steps to follow that are common to all in the event that you and/or your spouse decide to file for divorce. Here is some general divorce advice:

Become familiar with the divorce process
The process of divorce results in putting a legal end to a marriage. Although divorce proceedings differ from one state to another, most states follow a specific order:

A UK divorce will begin with a document called a Petition (or Complaint in some states) that formally notifies the court and the other spouse that he or she wishes to end the marriage. This document also presents an overview of terms, such as child support, custody and visitation rights, spousal support, property and debt division, and last-but-not-least, attorney's fees and costs.

Opposing papers or a response is then filed by the other spouse. In some states, if a spouse does not file opposing papers within a certain window time from when the petition was issued, the spouse can lose the right to have his or her side of the case presented in court.

Next, temporary orders lay down the short-term rules while the case is pending. The discovery, or legal procedure of gathering information about each spouse, can either be quick, or lengthy, costly and time-consuming.

Finally, a case can either be settled by an alternative dispute resolution, or it will need to go to trial. A divorce that goes to trial will typically most emotional and difficult, particularly for the children.

Choose an experienced divorce lawyer 
Your best source for divorce information is an experienced attorney. A lawyer can give you divorce information that is relevant to your specific needs. Some lawyers even specialize in divorce for men; and others are familiar with issues pertaining to women and divorce.

Developing a rapport with your attorney is an important step in understanding the entire divorce process. The more knowledge you have, the better-informed your decisions will be.

1 comment:

  1. “In short, this class is exactly what my wife and I needed. We needed a community of other married couples fighting to have sweet and adventure marriages for support… Before United Marriage, it was easier to point the finger at my husband   as the issue. Through each assessment of the course, I have gotten more comfortable accepting my flaws and communicating them to my husband   which has led to greater vulnerability in my marriage. My husband   has also grown more comfortable expressing his challenges in our marriage as well… It has shown me that good marriages require a lot of work and that nothing happens by osmosis. That’s why love spell has become a helper in our marriage which is possibly our biggest victory, before our successful marriage we had separated several times then I come across Dr Itua love spell which has really helped me get my husband back to my life, Dr Itua helped me with love spell when my marriage was going insane when my husband was having an affair outside but with the help of Dr Itua love spell I and My husband   are now happy, every day in our life is now a happy moment and we just have our third child Lori, I thank Dr itua for his help so if you are here facing hard time on relationship or marriage then this testimony is for you to contact Dr Itua for a help to keep your marriage or relationship Dr Itua contact, drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Then what's app +2348149277967  

    ReplyDelete